Full-time – Santa Barbara, California
Anasys Instruments develops award winning microscopy, spectroscopy and materials analysis tools used for scientific research and development and has pioneered the field of nanoscale IR spectroscopy using the AFM-IR technique.
We currently have an opportunity for a Computer Scientist/Software Engineer with a focus on scientific applications. As part of our team, you will help develop all aspects of our system software; including GUI, data analysis and visualization, data acquisition, efficient data storage and communication, signal processing, algorithms, and motion control. This opportunity requires an individual who is self-motivated, passionate about technology, works well in a team environment and is interested in creating an outstanding customer experience.
- Design, implement, test and debug software for our entire product line.
- Collaborate with customers and colleagues.
- Support multiple production systems, work with scientists and end-users to continuously improve system reliability and user experience.
- Experience in software design/development on Microsoft Windows using Visual Studio, C/C++, C#, .NET, WPF, XAML.
- Experience in graphical user interface design.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices, source control and unit testing.
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently toward established goals.
- Experience with high performance scientific data visualization of 2D and 3D datasets.
- Experience with scientific instruments/techniques, such as SPM and IR/Raman spectroscopy.
- Experience with real-time embedded system/DSP development.
- Experience with Code Composer Studio.
- Experience with National Instruments tools and libraries.
- BS in computer science or related field, and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
Send to [email protected].